Tuesday, June 24, 2014

No more denial for Mom

I took Raya to the doctor for her reflux.  It was time to come to terms with it...I was really hoping she didn't have it so I think I kept convincing myself she was okay.  But after seeing her pain I snapped out of that real quick and into reality.  Tears my heart apart seeing her in so much pain.  Have you ever heard a 6 week old scream (like reallllllly scream like 'I just saw a mouse scream')?  It's awful and heartbreaking.  The doctor confirmed that she definitely has reflux.  She has different symptoms than what Easton had - which is partially why I wasn't sure.  We saw our primary pediatrician this time (first time Raya has seen her as she's been gone) and I'm so glad we did.  She told me that the reflux is why she has been choking and congested and possibly why she wants to eat so much (soothing herself). I wish the other doctor we saw would have known that so we could have gotten this under control sooner.

So we've been on the meds for just about 5 days now.  It's awful giving them to her...she absolutely hates it - which I don't blame her because I guess this stuff (prilosec) tastes awful. It's impossible to get her to swallow it - but we're getting most of it in her usually...I think.  She was doing great for a few days but had a flair up again last night and today.  I'm really hoping it starts kicking in full-time ASAP.  I hate that she's in so much pain.  Plus, Easton is home with us now so it's really difficult to hold her all day long and give him the attention he wants and needs.  We'll make it through though.

Raya got to meet her great grandma Marie this past weekend at cousin Kristen's baby shower!  She slept in her arms the entire party - she was very content with great grandma :)  I'm so glad we got to see her...it had been too long.

We are seeing many more smiles and hearing lots of coos out of Raya lately.  It's absolutley adorable!  She weighed in at 10 lbs 15 ounces at the doctor last week - about the 75th percentile.




No comments:

Post a Comment