Thursday, July 23, 2015

We survived

Well, Raya attended daycare for 2 hours today.  Dropping her off was easy peasy... for multiple reasons.  1st -  because I love her teacher, Angie.  She is the one who I loved for Easton too and I am so happy that Raya starts out with her because I know she's in good hands.  2nd reason is because Raya was oblivious to what was going on so I don't even know if she realized I was leaving when I said, 'bye.'  Now, next week I'm sure will be a completely different story.  I guess she did okay today until some stinker decided it would be a good idea to dump sand on her head when she was in the sandbox.  Angie said after that happened she was not a happy girl.  Angie tried to put her back in the sandbox and Raya would just say, "no no no."  At this point Easton was also on the playground and heard a baby crying and said, "that must be Raya" and went over to the fence and cheered her up through the fence.  What a good brother. :)  When I dropped Raya off he wanted nothing to do with her and wouldn't even come over to say "hello."  Not sure if he likes sharing his "get-a-way" spot with her :)  Just kidding.. he'll love it!  She loved to go down the slide at school too and say "hi" to everyone.  Angie also said she just needed to be right by them at all times.  Which is what we expected because that is how she is with us.  She was sad when I picked her up though... instant tears and hugs when I got there---she was ready to get out of there and started to cry when I shut the car door too.  So we had to spend some more time talking before we went home.. wasn't ready to be out of my site again for the drive home.   Not to mention there is no morning nap at school either so she was exhausted from it all.  BUT we survived.  That's all that matters.  I'm not sure I'm ready for the messy, germ-y disaster that daycare entails but that's what bath time is for, I guess.

Yesterday I took the kids to visit Eddie.  This was our first time there since his funeral.  There was a lot of explaining going on to Easton as of course he had a million questions.  He also wanted to know what God likes to eat.  We brought ice cream (Eddie's favorite) to eat with him while we were there.  We also brought a superhero flag to put by his headstone.  Easton didn't want to leave and said next time we need to bring Eddie some toys.  He also wants to go visit where Grandpa Hugh is.  So sweet of him.


No comments:

Post a Comment