Sunday, January 11, 2015

8 months

8 months old and growing so fast!  Miss Raya has officially reached the age of learning something new every day!  She is talking non-stop these days... and loves to say "bugh."  In just he past day she has started to go from the sitting position to the crawling position and vice-versa.  I think it'll be any day now that she starts crawling.  She love, love, loves to stand against furniture and loves to ride on her new puppy she got for Christmas.  She is starting to get very attached to Mommy.  Often if I leave the room or her sight it results in tears.  :(

Sleep is starting to get a little better (knock on wood).  We had a very, very rough week or 2... I can't even remember because we were/are so sleep deprived.  We're talking a couple of nights of only sleeping being held or waking up every hour.  Easton also wanted to join in on the fun and was getting out of bed at least 1x a night and coming in our room.  Safe to say Jake and I were going on like 3 hours of sleep at most.  We decided to slowly start introducing formula in hopes that it would fill her up more at night.  So, we have started 1 formula bottle during the night.  It does seem to be helping a little and I've cut down to only pumping 3x/day.  I feel like I've gained hours of my life back...oh wait... that's because I have!  My goal has always been to make it to 9 months before completely switching over to formula.  Looks like I may reach that goal!  Amazing, seeing as though I made it only 2 months with Easton.  It's crazy how much guilt I feel with giving formula.  Even one small bottle a day.  How did I ever manage to switch Easton fully so young?  I do remember feeling sooo guilty back then though too.

Raya has amazing fine motor skills.  We've recently started calling her, "swiper."  If you've ever seen Dora you know why.  Swiper always takes things from others... as does  Raya!  :)  She will swipe things out from right under you in no time.  Always taking Easton's cars he's playing with or pretty much anything that anyone is using or playing with.  She's a quick one!

She has also weaned herself from 3 naps a day to 2.  She's pretty consistant at having a 9am nap and 1pm nap.  Which is PERFECT... because then both kids take afternoon naps at the same time.  This gives me just enough time to shower and pump.  Some day I'll have a clean house again and won't need toothpicks to hold open my eyes but for now my priorities are to hang with my babes :)



Love this one 

They look thrilled....


No comments:

Post a Comment