Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Updates

Mother's Day was wonderful!  I got to sleep in - Jake did all of the night wakings with Raya (and there were multiple ones that night).  I was given a very sweet handmade card and we just had a low key day at home.  Which was perfect.  I do have a super cool ring coming my way too... but it's personalized so it's still in production.  I'll be sure to put a picture of it up when it arrives :)  So thankful for my wonderful husband and 2  super sweet kiddos. 

Raya had her 1 year appointment last week.  Everything went great. She's in the 55-60% for everything and weighs in at 20 pounds.  We are taking her to a pediatric eye doctor next week.  We've always had some concerns about one of her eyes so her doctor just gave us a referral.  Said it's probably nothing but better to be on the safe side.  

She took her first step today.  It was small and only one but that's all that matters!  She started standing alone over the weekend too so I think she's ready to start cruising on her own soon.  :)

She has slept through the night 4 nights in a row!  That's record for her!!!  Jake was gone for the night last Friday and of course that was the night she chose to cut her  2 new teeth in.  She was awake from 12:30-4am.  Now, this has happened with all of her other teeth too.  She picks 1 or 2 nights to stay up all night because it hurts so bad... the only difference is Jake and I are able to switch.  Not this time.  Man that was a rough night for this Mama.. and then Jake was gone the whole next day so I was high on caffeine the next day keeping up with the 2 movers and shakers!  BUT the good news is that after those 2 teeth  came through she can finally sleep.  Feels like she's been teething for months (because she has) so it's great that's catching a break from it now!  

We are starting the transition from formula and milk and trying to break free from bottles.  I can't wait to be bottle-free at this house!  She's not happy about this transition at all.... as this girls loves her bottles.  I think in another week we should be bottle free during the day.  She still might need one at bedtime but hopefully we can just be using all milk by then instead of mixing it with some formula. This will encourage her to keep eating table foods too.  Speaking of food. This girl LOVES sweet potato fries.  Grandma Cathy has made them for her before and she just gobbles them right up so I started making them and she will eat like 15!!  15!!! 

Well, nap time is over... I'll update more later.  :)  







Poor Raya.... just after a down poor.  She was such a trooper! 

Family at the 5K

MN Brain Tumor 5K in honor of Uncle Eddie

This was on May 18th... winter hats and mittens.  yuck! 

Fun at the zoo with Mom and Brother



Ignore how horrible I look.... she must have been tired. She crawled over to me and climbed up to rest her head on me.

Cold walk to the park on Mother's Day

This one loves to play peek-a-boo.  :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment